This goat milk dog wash bar is a natural alternative to chemical dog shampoos that can irritate sensitive skin. Most dog shampoos include ingredients that focus on cleansing and conditioning their fur but tend to neglect the skin, which can leave dogs dry, itchy or irritated. This mild, natural dog wash bar is designed to gently remove dirt and odors while conditioning your dog’s skin. We’ve added some ingredients to boost shine and condition fur as well, all without leaving a greasy feel behind.
- Raw Goat Milk: Our humanely raised, mineral-rich raw goat milk contains lactic acid, which helps to remove dead skin cells that can harbor odors.
- Hemp Seed Oil: This oil is high in both linoleic and linolenic essential fatty acids, which help to soften and condition skin and fur. Hemp seed oil is not psychotropic (it won’t get your pup high), and is legal to use in the US. It’s one of my favorite oils.
- Organic Marshmallow Root: When ground marshmallow root is soaked in water, a mucilage forms, similar to the mucilage found in flax and chia. This gel acts as a conditioner and can aid in locking in moisture on hair and skin. It also helps to smooth and detangle fur.
- Provitamin B5: This member of the powerful B-complex vitamin family is a humectant that helps to lock in moisture and add shine.
- Pasture-Range Eggs: Eggs enhance this dog wash with natural omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, minerals and vitamin A. The eggs used in our soaps come from our backyard pasture raised, free-ranging, happy hens.
- Avocado Oil & Mango Seed Butter: Rich in antioxidants, emollients, vitamins A, E and omega-3 fatty acids, these ingredients can help to condition dry skin.
- Raw Arizona Honey & Beeswax: Honey is a natural humectant and adds moisturizing properties. Beeswax helps to lock in moisture and makes the bar harder so it lasts longer. We purchase our honey and beeswax directly from local beekeepers to ensure they are not imported from unknown sources, which may be contaminated.
This is made with 100% human-grade ingredients. Go ahead and try it out on yourself! It’s actually one of my favorite body wash bars to use in the winter when my skin is dry and in need of some extra love. This dog wash is made with natural plant ingredients, eggs & milk. An allergy patch test is recommended before use, particularly with allergy-prone dogs. Since the focus of this gentle dog wash is the skin, it’s great for dogs with a short to medium length coat. It is not recommended for use on long hair.
This dog wash bar is packaged in a burlap bag that doubles as a doggie-washcloth to help you keep an easy grip on the soap while you bathe your dog. Refill bars are also available. To use, place the bar in the bag, wet, rub to work up a lather, then rub gently on your wet pooch. For small or more sensitive dogs, remove the bar from the bag, rub in your hands to work up a lather, then suds up your dog with your hands. Rinse well and dry as usual.
This dog wash bar contains no added fragrances, dyes or pigments; no synthetic cleansers or commercially manufactured soap bases; no parabens, phthalates, or SLS; and no preservatives. The natural oils and marshmallow give this dog wash a light, earthy, soapy scent.
Average Bar Size: 3 oz
Plain English: olive oil, hemp seed oil, unrefined shea butter, raw goat milk, mango butter, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, castor oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, organic marshmallow root, pasture-range eggs, raw arizona honey, raw arizona beeswax, citric acid, provitamin B5, rosemary oil extract, sea salt, natural vitamin e, tussah silk
Botanical: Olea europaea (Olive) Oil, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) Butter, Raw Goat Milk, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Distilled Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Persea americana (Avocado) Oil, Organic Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root, Pasture-Range Eggs, Raw Arizona Honey, Cera alba (Beeswax), Citric Acid, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sea Salt, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Silk Amino Acids
Because this goat milk dog wash is handmade, each bar is unique. Patterns, colors, and shapes vary from bar to bar.