Our cold process and hot process goat milk soaps are made from scratch using goat milk straight from the farm and a variety of natural plant oils and butters. We use herbs, spices, plants, seeds, nuts, beans, essential oils, and minerals to add fragrance and color to our soap. Click here for more information on our ingredients.
Our products are not tested on animals. We never use animal fats such as lard or tallow, so you can rest easy knowing no animals were harmed or killed in the making of our soaps. The goat milk and eggs used in our soaps come from happy, healthy, backyard pets. The well-being of our animals is our first priority – they are treated with kindness and respect. Responsible breeding practices include lab work to ensure only healthy goats are bred; plenty of pasture space to run, bounce and graze; healthy food, fresh water, shade and shelter. Baby goats remain with their mothers until they are weaned, and are placed for adoption in thoroughly screened homes. Animals raised here are never sold at auction or to slaughterhouses.
- Our soap labels are printed on 100% recycled paper and attached with a natural jute or sisal ribbon.
- Palm-Free: We do not use palm oil in any of our products. The palm oil industry has been linked to human rights violations, animal cruelty, and deforestation [source].
- No Factory Farms: None of the milk or eggs used in our products come from commercial factory farms. [Why?]
- Sustainable: The oils and butters used to make our soaps come from plants, seeds, nuts, fruits – never petroleum.
- No synthetic preservatives [Why?]
- No synthetic fragrances on any products listed on our website [Why?]
- Paraben-Free [Why?]
- No SLS (sodium laureth sulfate) or PEGs [Why?]
- No synthetic surfectants [Why?]
- No pre-manufactured soap bases. All soaps are made from scratch at Horseshoe Farm so we can carefully select the best ingredients.